01 F-150 5.4L PO305

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by bassforme, Sep 4, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. bassforme

Hesitation on and off replaced spark plugs with motorcraft and COP's I also changed injectors but the truck ran very crappy so put back injectors now runs as before must of been bad injectors I got, I did notice this new plug has oil on it,on #4 cyl where I'm getting PO304 (pic) all other plugs are dry could this be the problem and where can it be leaking from
    Thanks for any info

IMG_20190903_135810979.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. captchas

oil's on the outside, tip looks ok , start with a CK of the valve cover gaskets as to me it looks like a likely spot to start

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

With that much stuff on the plugs, I'd worry about dropping dirt into the cylinders, and would blow out the plug valleys with an air compressor (after you carefully put the plug back in). After that, make sure you use dielectric grease on each of the COP boots to keep water out - they are very suspectable to that. Water gets into the plug holes, the engine causes it to steam up into the COP, and when it cools off it condenses in them and starts causing misfires. The grease will prevent that.

4. bassforme

Thanks

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >