06 King Ranch

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by 57FordGuy, Jul 14, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 57FordGuy Founding Member

Tags:
  2. 57FordGuy Founding Member

Another thing I'm concerned about is the sunroof. Is this going to be more headache than it's worth?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It wasn't the 2004+ which had a problem with spitting plugs. That's a much earlier incarnation of the modular engine which had too few threads holding the plugs in. The 2004-2006 5.4L has issues with the two piece spark plugs having the bottoms stick to the head when trying to remove them - causing the plug to break in half and dropping the bottom. There are one piece plugs available these days which solve this issue. From 2007+ Ford redesigned the head to use a more traditional plug.

I've never had issues on my 2006 5.4L with this, but I don't let the plugs go 100K miles (or even 50K) miles to build up carbon between the plug bottom and the heads.

4. 57FordGuy Founding Member

I go to the dealership that has the 06 to find it sold just the night before. To my luck they have 2 other King Ranch F150s. I bought a 2008 with 101k miles. So I have the better heads and hopefully one piece plugs. 1st cool day and I'll change them out. Now: iridium, platinum, or double platinum? Anti seize or not?

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

What happened to the other F150? Get platinum plugs, is spec'd for them and they'll last 100K miles. No anti-seize, these are traditional plugs with regular style head threads.

6. 57FordGuy Founding Member

The other F150 is a KR as well but no sunroof or even a manual sliding back glass. Only 85k though.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

So you're buying two in total, nice! :)

8. 57FordGuy Founding Member

No. Just this one!

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Glenn, I am corn fused, lol. I thought you had just bought on, or was that someone else?

10. 57FordGuy Founding Member

Drove the new KR about 5 blocks and somewhere picked up a screw in the rear drivers side tire. Decided to buy a new tire and will replace all of them in the future. But today after driving just a few miles the TPMS fault light comes on with the little yellow tire blinking. All the tires have enough air.

Did the tire store do something to mess up the TPMS system?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso