09 F150 Towing fuses and relays?

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by bigrigfixer, May 26, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. bigrigfixer Article Contributor Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I'll be picking my truck up tomorrow after work, but I'm gonna need to put it to work fairly quickly.

What I need to know is where can I find the trailer charge wire fuse and relay? For one, to know where it is, as I don't have the owners manual yet, and two, to check that they are there so I can install them if they aren't.

On my test drive yesterday I tried the slide on the brake controller and got a warning "trailer disconnected". Don't know if that indicates anything for fuses and relays present, but it's intuitively obvious to the most casual of observers that there was definitely no trailer connected.

Any other trailer fuses and relays I should check into? When I had the flip up cover open on the 7 way connector, the terminals were clean. No indication that it's ever been plugged in to.

Tags:
  2. bigrigfixer Article Contributor Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Anyone?

I was supposed to pick it up today, but they won't guarantee the sunroof won't leak unless it cures overnight, so...

I get to pick it up tomorrow.

Hope someone can help.

3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

My 06 E 450 has the fuses / relays behind the seat. The wire is already hot from the factory

My o2 F 250 has the fuse center/ relays under the hood. It came with Factory tow package, but I had to add the wire aqnd the controller

Take a test light, and see if the wire is hot.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

5. bigrigfixer Article Contributor Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Thanks Ken

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >