10K Review 2020 F250 6.7 platinum

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by chriscalabro, Dec 22, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. chriscalabro

Having just hit the 10K mark on my F250 PS thought it might be a good time to share feedback. I have driven the truck across the spectrum, highway, towing, local etc. I will not bother spending time on towing since that has been covered. All I can say is this is a BEAST. I was driving home last weekend SWFL and a car had managed to slide down into a ravine and was well up to it door jams in mud. People milling about all trying to figure out how to extract the car. We threw a sling around the read axle of the car the other loop on the hitch ball of my truck. Honestly I don't know if I even touched the pedal but that freakin truck popped that car out of that ravine like a cork. I had to laugh at the absurd amount of low end torque this has. The trim level is Platinum and I can say after driving 1500 miles non stop it was the first time I did not have to crawl to the chiropractor at the end of the trip. Ford Seats are excellent IMO. The only mod I did was to add an Amsoil remote bypass oil system and upgraded the water drain valve to aluminum. I change the oil every 3500-5000K more because I am anal about such things than from necessity, let me tell you though be ready to get dirty when you open the oil drain. Holy crap that is a lot of oil and it comes fast. I have not had any issues to date knock on wood) and I bought the ESP from Lombard Ford during Black Friday going with the 6/125 package. My concern is there is a significant number of high tech parts on this truck and I don't feel like paying for repairs for quite a while. I have been getting around 18-19MPG with a high of 2o on the 15oo mile trip and that was running at 80+ MPH. Truck rarely exceeds 2500rpm with the 10 Speed. I have been very happy with it and in Florida diesel is still around 2.15 after recent spike. So I am running cheaper than what my prior F150 Limited 3.5 HO was costing me. That required 90+ octane fuel and also came in around 18. So in summary I am a big fan of the 6.7 and 10SP. I am hoping the next 10K is as good as the first. Yes service is more expensive and frequent than gasser, but I DYI it and that keeps costs down. Strongly recommend this vehicle and just know at least once you will find yourself smiling at its brutal power potential. Lots of fun to drive

Tags:
    wrencheswild likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >