14 years later...I finally ordered my 2022 F250

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by mrbraq, Aug 4, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mrbraq

To say this day has been a long wait is an understatement. Bought my 2007 Pathfinder when my now 14 year old was born. I've been talking about buying a truck for years, and finally just ordered a 2022 F250 Lariat, Crew cab, Black Appearance Package, front tinted windows, clearance lights, Ultimate tow package, 160 wheelbase, V8 EFI, moonroof, 20x33" Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II wheels.

I'll update this thread as the build progresses for those of you interested in current build times.

What times did you see at each step for your 2022 build?

1. Order Confirmed - 8/4/2021

Tags:
    FTZ HAIC and Sox3 like this.
  2. wrencheswild

My 2022 F350 SD 6.7l 176 wheelbase, platinum, atlas blue, fifth wheel prep, and more just ordered. Confirmed on 8/4 also. Ill match your posts as I see them Mrbraq and we can see the difference in build times, Will probably go down the line together!!

FTZ HAIC, Sox3 and mrbraq like this.
  3. Sox3

I will join in with mine.

2022 Super Duty F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4X4:
    • SRW 160 wheelbase
    • 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel Engine
    • TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission
    • Antimatter Blue Metallic
    • Java
    • 20” Bright Machined Cast Aluminum w/Light Caribou Painted Pockets
    • King Ranch® Ultimate Package
    1. Order Confirmed. 7/21/2021

mrbraq, FTZ HAIC and wrencheswild like this.
  4. OldMarine

I ordered my 2022 F250 XLT diesel at the end of April. It was built at the end of June, then sat for five weeks awaiting microchips. I took delivery on it this morning.

mrbraq likes this.
  5. mrbraq

OldMarine, 12-14 week turnaround sounds better than the 30 weeks I've read on other forums.

6. wrencheswild

I also heard that Ford is experiencing a longer chip delay because they are holding out for the chips they always use. While other automakers are using "equal and compatible" chips. Who knows though

7. OldMarine

It was well worth the wait. It's an impressive truck. The only anomaly I'll have to get back to the dealer on is that it appears that Lane Keeper is on, with no switch or display menu to shut it off. The only negative is that Ford continues to write owner's manuals that are verbose (737 pages!) but often lack important details.

8. wrencheswild

My lane keeper is in IPC. Under vehicle i think or

9. DonW

Is the lane keeper the message keeps popping up telling me I need rest…annoys the heck out of me..

10. OldMarine

There are two varieties. Yours is one, the other is the steering-wheel shaker that makes you think your ball joints/tie rods are bad or a tire is out of balance. I'm going out today to see if it is indeed my issue. I went through a large construction zone yesterday where it was original, smooth road, but with no lines and Jersey barrier wall on one side, and the vibration started as I entered and stopped as soon as I hit open road again.

11. DonW

yes. I do get a little vibration with mine too though. But since my prvious post I got messing with it somehow and it asked if I wantsed to turn it off and bye, bye....it's gone!!! Glad it is, was way too touchy in my opinion. How did I get where it asked me? No clue!! I know I messed with the switch on to of dash.

12. mrbraq

1. Order Confirmed - 8/4/2021
    2. Scheduled for Production - 8/12/2021 (week of September 27, 2021)

13. mrbraq

@Sox3 - Did you get notified that you're scheduled for production?

14. wrencheswild

Yeah I am inerested to hear as well. I have not received notice of scheduling yet. I wonder if that becomes a logistical issue about necessary parts.. Based on build. I am hopeful though. So scheduled for production in September do you have a projected delivery date? I wonder how long it takes to get down the line

15. mrbraq

No, I wish. I'm running out of internet reviews videos of 2022's to temper my excitement!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >