1951 F1 build questions

Discussion in '1948 - 1952 Ford F1, F2 and F3 Truck Forum' started by gwilkrrs, Feb 5, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. gwilkrrs

my project has picked up the pace a bit lately and I hope to have it a roller shortly and then onto bodywork and mods.

questions looking for input and suggestions-
    - steering column length and brand (auto with shifter)
    -split bench 60/40 or similar with console/flip seat make OR a bought seat and frame?
    -heat/air setup
    -door latches and inside handle? altman latches likely without exterior handles
    -where did you put the fuse box? I am thinking behind rear seat as the fuel tank is gone
    -E brake kit?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

3. gwilkrrs

so an update..... progress did slow due to life/health...... I did get it to roller status. it is off jack stands and on its own tires (on roller dolleys) for the first time in a decade
    . motor/transmission installed, now just need to install front end accesorries and top of motor.

brake and fuel lines need installed

dustybumpers and FTZ HAIC like this.
  4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Thanks for the update. I understand life/health, I haven't been able to hardly a thing since late December due to my busted rib. Just now starting to feel a bit normal.

gwilkrrs likes this.
  5. gwilkrrs

ribs-
    some chuckle when they hear a complaint on ribs hurting....... until they themselves break one!
    heal well and take your time.

dustybumpers likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >