1954 F250 239 engine mounts

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by MECHANIKMUNKY, Jun 7, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. MECHANIKMUNKY

Having a dispute with my business partner that the truck were working on only had one mount for the engine up front.

let me clarify for starters, the truck had no engine in it when we bought it. were now putting a 292 into it. and he thinks we have the wrong mount setup.

can someone supply me with photos of the mounts from an original truck? not hot-rodded please?

many thanks!

Tags:
  2. captchas

yes they did use a single front mount, more since the 54 was a repower of the last to the usa flathead , you should find more information on these older fords in the hamb a old but solid hot rodder forum https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

dustybumpers and MECHANIKMUNKY like this.
  3. fordgo Vet Zone

there is just one mount on the front of the motor and two on the transmission here is the front mount
    DSCF2729a.jpg #ad
    DSCF2738a.jpg #ad

4. MECHANIKMUNKY

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

just taught that old dog I ain't as green as he thinks!

dustybumpers likes this.
  5. BKW Founding Member

Without the 1948/56 Ford Truck Parts Catalog, some people haven't a single clue (sigh).

The thing is, people can only see the upper rubber insulator, cannot see the lower rubber insulator, so they assume there's only one rubber insulator, but there ain't!

1954/64 223 I-6 & Y blocks: There are TWO front rubber insulators, FOUR rear rubber insulators.

Front: L shaped engine mount bracket bolts to the front of the engine.

Between the L bracket and the cross member is the upper rubber insulator.

Located below the cross member is the lower rubber insulator (hidden from view).

Bolt passes thru the L bracket, thru the upper insulator, thru the lower insulator, then is retained by a nut/washer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This same jazz also applies to the rear, but there are FOUR rubber insulators, not two.

Bell housing has two "ears."

There is one rubber insulator per side located below the cross member (hidden from view).

One rubber insulator per side located above the cross member, below the ears.

R & L bolts pass thru the lower insulators, thru the cross member, thru the upper insulators, thru the ears, then are retained with nuts/washers.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >