< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Michelle

Here are a few pictures of my 65 Ford F-100 Ranger. The truck is an original Ranger I found in Colorado. When I found it it only had 42 thousand miles on it and the mileage has been documented as original. The truck had sat out lot and I repainted it and installed new carpets and seat skins in it. The interior had no wear but was faded from the sun. If you have ever wondered what it was like to drive a new 65 Ford truck, this is the truck to drive. It drives and like a new one. Everything is tight with no rattles, the steering and suspension is tight with no slack or rattles.
    7a0d3d195cb2ee9bbbec7064b9270862.jpg #ad

ea6b8cdce85ed88c3328f078091a2197.jpg #ad

Loading it up and getting ready to leave the Slick Sixties show in Altoona Iowa.

Tags:
    56panelford and Campspringsjohn like this.
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

That is a very sweet looking truck! And, the tractor you're using to haul it looks nice too! What is it? I can tell it's a Ford, but what year and model? Also, what about some specifics on the 65? Engine, transmission, etc.

I wonder how many pass this thread thinking it's about a modern Ranger pickup?!!

56panelford likes this.
  3. BKW Founding Member

Welcome to FTZ Ms Michelle

I've seen pics of your '67 N Series and the Ranger on FTE, we spoke on the phone once, so we know each other.

I'm NumberDummy on FTE, so now you know who I am. :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Oh my that is a beautiful truck. I won't lie, I am jealous!

Good to have you over here.

5. Michelle

Thanks for the big welcome guys. Bill it is good to see you here too, and I do remember you well from when we talked to the phone. You were a big help to me when I was needing some parts for my LTL 9000.
    A little about the Ranger. It has the original 352 FE engine followed by a New Process four speed. I am very tempted to put a C6 in it. A truck as nice as the Ranger deserves either a thee speed on the column or an automatic. I have most of the parts to convert it to an automatic, I have a FE C-6 with the FE bell housing and an automatic column for it. Right now it is 100% original.
    ec8997562f3640a3a44d17b865faf2ee.jpg #ad

ee3d818ce34ab7431efb6a9a769add4a.jpg #ad

13792f9eb78ca1b997572ada86a6d4e3.jpg #ad

56panelford likes this.
  6. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Very nice truck Michelle and welcome to FTZ.

7. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Wow! What a truck. Had to be a very high end truck of the day. I have never seen one, like that, with bucket seats and a console. Stunning, just stunning.

The only thing wrong with that truck is... it's not mine.

:)

Bertha66 likes this.
  8. Upland Bird Hunter Founding Member

Beautiful truck! While growing up we had the same year but the "Camper Special" edition, brings back memories.

IMHO, I would keep the standard floor shifter, since it is original. :woot:
    Thanks for posting.

56panelford and Campspringsjohn like this.
  9. fabmansbro Vet Zone Oregon Chapter Founding Member

:cigar:very very nice can't wate to get my 65 done soon I hope

56panelford likes this.
  10. BKW Founding Member

Just read this post again, and I noticed something I missed the first time.

Converter Housing: A/T / Bell Housing: M/T but, there's no converter housing used with a C6, as it's made as part of the transmission case.

11. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Very nice truck Michelle

12. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

Very nice indeed!!!

56panelford likes this.
  13. kjvforme Vet Zone Oregon Chapter Founding Member

56panelford likes this.
  14. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That's a sweet truck.

15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Haven't seen much of it lately, it sure is a clean one.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >