1966 F100 Crown Vic swap braking issues

Discussion in 'The Fabricators Corner' started by 4thgen66, Jun 7, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 4thgen66

Hey guys. Has anyone in this forum performed the crown vic swap and have any braking issues? The current situation, as I drive the truck the brakes gradually start building pressure. I purchased a dual master cylinder from LMC for non-power discs. All new hard and soft lines to each caliper (front and back, swapped the limited slip 8.8 as well). Running DOT 3/4 fluid. I even pulled my brake pedal pin and adjusted the length. As I installed the new current master, I did have to apply pressure to get the cam bolt installed. I pulled the pin and cut .5" off. Reinstalled, brake pedal hit the floor and required 6 pumps to get any pressure. Pulled the pin again and add .25" back on the pin. This seemed to work out, I thought. The problem returned. Debating pulling the pin again and cut .125" off. Any other suggestions? I've bled the master and brake lines multiple times.

Tags:
  2. B E N Vet Zone

When your setting the pin length it should be just off the master. The best way to do it is use a set of calipers, make measurements to figure out what you need and start 0.010-0.020" off and see how it feels. What your describing sounds like a failed or sticking piston inside the master.
    1200px-Master_cylinder_diagram.svg.png #ad

If you look at this diagram you will see if you don't get full return on the piston it will be unable to bleed off pressure at the end of the stroke.

I have the CVPI setup on my 78 and the brakes are excellent. You'll get it figured out.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >