1970 f250 travel trailer special

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Tim o, May 4, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Tim o

I'm new to this but if anybody is interested I have a 1970 Ford F250 travel trailer special that is straight as can be. It has no rust anywhere through it. you can stomp on the floorboards and nothing moves. It does have some holes on each door where people tried to put mirrors on but those are not Rusty and they could be welded. It is straight as can be no dings or dents except for minor ones. I can close the doors with one finger and the tailgate opens very easily and closes quietly. I can send pictures if you're interested. As far as the mechanical part it has a 360 motor in it but the motor and the transmission and everything needs to be gone through I have drove it but the transmission seems to be a little rough so I parked it. I would like to get a thousand for it but we can negotiate something maybe. The interior is in great shape also the only thing bad with the truck as far as anything with the glass the back window probably needs replaced. It's a sliding one and parts of the sliding parts are not there. I also have a complete set of brand new replacement Rubber and trim for the windows and doors. It has all the trim on the side except for one small piece over the right front wheel well the trim would definitely need to be redone.

Tags:
  2. BKW Founding Member

No such thing as a Travel Trailer Special. Ford did offer a Trailer Special, but not until 1973.

If this truck has emblems identifying it as such, it was probably a dealer promotion.

Camper Specials introduced in 1965 F100/250, F350 added in 1967, but the F100 Camper Special was dropped after 1967.

1968/76 F250/350 Camper or Trailer Special could have a 300 I-6, 360 or 390. 1973/76 also available w/a 460.

Back then, most people used full sized station wagons, Chevy Suburbans and International Carry & Travel-All's to pull trailers.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  3. 58 speedster

DID YOU EVER SELL YOUR 70 250?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >