< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. billybobRealz

I have found a 1971 F100 4x4 short wheel base that is in near mint condition. Drove several hours to pick it up and it was even better than expected. Everything about the truck was great besides the title.... The truck is registered currently in Mexico to the owner, who is a dual citizen. All he has to do is simply get it registered in the U.S. correct? Well, we can't find the vin tag on it but there is a plastic/paper replacement with the numbers. The numbers on the title matchup as well. Is there somewhere on the frame that the tag might be? I told the guy I would pay for the legal fees for it to become titled in the U.S. The guy needs to sell the truck for financial reasons and is fully willing to get the truck title in the U.S. if he can. Is this a lost cause?

Tags:
  2. iicap

On the top right hand frame under the hood just behind/rear of, where the engine mount attaches to the frame . Also top of frame, right side, under the passenger floor seat area. this would require a mirror to see. Both locations may be quite rusted and need heavy wire brushing or from Mexico might not be much rust at all. There is no tag, just the original VIN stamped in the frame. ???? is this a Mexico built truck??? In USA the tag would be on the left door, just above or below the latch mechanism. If no tag, there should be two holes where the Pop Rivets held the tag.

3. BKW Founding Member

US assembled trucks: Warranty Plate riveted to the left door face below the latch

Safety Standards Certification Label glued to the B pillar (door post) below the striker plate.

1966/80 US/Canada trucks have an 11 digit VIN

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >