1974 Ford Courier Project

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by FordForumsForDummies, Aug 29, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FordForumsForDummies

Have a 1974 courier that I need to work on, been swapped out with a 351 W and a C6 transmission. Thing is I’m not too sure if I should just rebuild both and put them back in or sit something else in. Been looking up on the motor and I’m not too sure about carburetor and also not sure if I should go with an FMX transmission or something else. Would like some help. transmission is automatic also. Thanks..

Tags:
  2. captchas

thats a good motor transmission combo,both strong units, if it were me i;d refresh both stay simple and easy.

3. FordForumsForDummies

Okay just wanted some outside opinion since I’m new to all this and trying to get more into it. Thank you for your time and response. Have a good one!

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

And plenty of inexpensive parts availability.

captchas likes this.
  5. FordForumsForDummies

// well that’s very good to know, I read up about getting an 8.8 rear end because of the torque the motor has. What’s an 8.8?

6. captchas

the 8.8 integral rear replaced the 9.0 around 1986, it's a good rear when built with better after market axles, if it were me and maybe a few more of us, the 9.0 can handle more power at about the same cost for parts.
    engine parts wise here's a link to where i grab refresh parts at good prices, for a 351 w it's about $400.00 plus options they offer. http://greenbaypartsworld.net/enginedeal.htm

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >