< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. DennyMACwoodart

Does anyone know where there might be a new or rebuilt one barrel carburetor for a 1980 Ford pu - 300ci in-line 6 and or related parts? Also need a diagram of where the vaccuum hoses go. I am new here and not an active mechanic.

2. RP67F100

NAPA or any other parts store should be able to should be able to get the carb
    There may be a sticker under the hood with vacuum line connections. Beyond that a repair manual will have the information

DennyMACwoodart likes this.
  3. DennyMACwoodart

Evidently 1980 Ford 300ci inline 6 carburetors are the holy grail. NAPA,O'Reilly's, and Advanced Auto can't find a trace of one anywhere. A local junk yard told me all the vintage Fords on their property are without caburetors and the 300ci inline 6 motors go just as fast. Farmers love them to run their irrigation pumps. I have been told there may be a sticker with a hose diagram under the hood. I haven't checked. I am rebuilding the carb I have and should be running in a few days. Thank you for the reply.

4. RP67F100

Hopefully the rebuild will work out ok. If not I just looked on Rock Auto.com and they list 3 different options as available. About $250.00 wo a core.
    Plus there are aftermarket options available from Summitt racing that can be adapted. Or maybe spice it up a bit with a offenhauser intake and a 4 barrel
    Had one on a previous truck and it really woke it up.
    Have fun

DennyMACwoodart likes this.
  5. DennyMACwoodart

Thank you so much. This was the sort of tip I was looking for. I'm not computer savvy so I don't do well looking for things on the internet unless directed. I will check out Rock Auto and Summit. Getting a new carb is still my first preference. Don't think I will try making a hot rod out of old RUSTY, but look forward to getting him running decent.
    Thank you again!

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

There are some over on www.amazon.com. If you add the vehicle to your profile it narrows down the results to those only for your year/model.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >