1989 F250 5.8l/C6--unused electrical connections are for with no luck. One is on passenger

Discussion in '1987 - 1991 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Mykul68, Nov 5, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Mykul68

20181017_123939.jpg #ad
    Hello, I have several unused electrical connections I have had no luck tracing on wire diagrams. One is on the passenger fender. It's a 3 pin round connector. Purple/w peach, black/w whiteand green with black trace. Looks like a diagnostic connection possibly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It looks an awful like an ABS sensor connector.

3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Sorry I missed this before.

There is a harness in these trucks that serves more than one purpose.
    That being said, Your truck as an option also came with an E4OD, and 4x4
    It could also have shift on the fly
    Not all the connectors have a plug to end up terminated into.

If traced back to the fuse block, you will find that that probably is a dead end on power supply also. As long as everything on the truck is working properly, and the pins don't test "hot", I would just tuck it in and forget about it

4. Mykul68

5. Mykul68

I bought this truck in March. It was a.total electrical disaster with nearly two dozen extremely poor splices in the wiring. Idiot gauges didn't work and it wouldn't even move for 30 minutes from.where it sat, due to engine running so poorly. The rear brakes were totally screwed from being installed Wrong and exhaust leaked lime a siv, but I saw potential. All splices have been soldered and shrink tubes, new loomthroughout, and to make a very long story short. Everything,including the crappy ABS module works as it should except the chime for the seatbelt. That one has me stumped. Various chimes and seat belt latches switched out and power is flowing as it should, but at least the light does come on and go back off.
    A huge amount of hours invested and a lot more money than I had planned on spending, but it runs like a top now. Thanks for your reply

6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

No problem
    Up to 90 it was a buzzer for the key in- door open
    The unit is by the column, and in all my trucks from that era, it stopped buzzing at about the 10 year mark

The 90 f 250 that was my father in law's truck has 43,000 miles on it, the buzzer is still working, but so quiet that if the heater fan is working you don't hear it.

You have to love the way people "repair " things
    Congratulations on getting it back in great running order. Most would have given up

7. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

if i remember correctly, the 89 did not have a seat belt chime.
    only a key in ignition chime, or "welcome to macys" as we used to call it. that was the very first thing ripped out of the truck , before it even left the dealers lot.
    i know i tossed the chimes in the glove box of the truck, but i never found one when people asked for them.

8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

My 89 f 350 has the key in door open buzzer only

No seat belt chime until 94, when they put air bags and clock springs in. that all has to do with the new columns
    the manual column has remove key on left up to 91, 92 on it is by the ignition The ding dong chime is right under that for seat belt

9. Mykul68

Thanks for the responses. I have key in/door open and headlights on chime. I was determined to have everything working. I accomplished that , but that two tone hunk of parts made me truly work for and painfully earn every success

1970something and dustybumpers like this.
  10. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

but that is the joys of working on old crap!!!
    if it was easy, everyone would do it

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >