1991 .f150 fuel injection ,

Discussion in '1987 - 1991 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by lildigger, Oct 25, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. lildigger

Hello my name is Randy, I have a 1991 f150 with the 5.8 engine
    he had hurricane (Her mine) in fl. my truck went under salt water.
    I cleaned the fuel tanks. replaced the 2 fuel pump relays. and the EEC relay.
    couldn't get the fuel pumps to come on. fuel tank selector switch works.
    so I cut hole in bed of body hot wired front tank pump. pumps plenty
    of fuel pressure in fuel rail. injectors were not pulsing. so I put new computer.
    in this morning. new coil. relays have fire going to them. why the injectors
    not pulsing the injectors have fire going to them. can spray carb cleaner in throttle body
    it will try to crank on that. after letting it set a lil while fuel leaks off of it
    the power wires on fuel pump, Orange,,Red,,,Blue,,,Black. I have only the red wired hot.
    can some of you that know anything about this Help me out..
    THx Lildigger

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Distributor and module may have been killed by the flooding.

dustybumpers likes this.
  3. lildigger

Thanks JWC3 I replaced the coil. and computer. the injectors are not pulsing fuel. but my test light shows fire going to them.
    I have seen on you tube they talk about fuel tank selector, temp sensor. and the pickup in the dist. this fuel injection motor has
    put the booger man on me,, thanks for the reply

4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

The dizzy sends a signal to the module. That needs to be there to fire the injectors. The ecm, computer, fine tunes the injection.

5. lildigger

thanks man. think I should replace the distributor

6. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Have you properly checked all powers and grounds? That needs to be done. A flood vehicle can have Many issues. Some may seem unrelated, but come down to one thing.
    I hope the best for you.

7. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Don't just replace, test first.

8. lildigger

9. lildigger

I have fire going into the dist. the big plug that plugs into front of dist has fire going to that.

10. lildigger

just haven't checked to see if wires are firing on plugs yet

11. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Do you have spark at the plugs? You should have a pulse signal from the pick up to the module.
    You can have the module tested at a parts house.

12. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Lag has our posts out of time. .
    Slow connection for me.

13. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

If no spark, no injector pulse, I would look at the dizzy and module first.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >