1994 F350 7.5L

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by BigBlue34, Jan 27, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. BigBlue34

Hey I have a 1994 F350, with the 7.5L engine, is there anything I can do to gain horsepower and if anyone knows the stock horsepower could you tell me. Thank you! [​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

245hp 400 ft lbs torque stock.
    Headers and 3" exhaust can free up 10-12 hp, electric fan, a couple maybe, bump the timing up for a little more umph.
    There are maybe 2 cam choices that can slightly help and still play with the stock EFI tune, other than that, not much to my knowledge within the confines of stock EFI.

RexB likes this.
  3. BigBlue34

A friend of mine told me that I could put a tuner in my truck. I honestly dont know much bout tuners but i thought it had to be a newer truck and it has to be a diesel, correct me if im wrong.

4. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Welcome BigBlue34! Nice looking 4x4 you have. It just seems our stock 460ci's should have more HP oomph don't it. But the torque is fandamtastic and has towed many heavy loads without complaining. As long as it's not far between gas stops :)

Edit: I haven't done tuners, but they're for gas motors too.

5. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I don't know if anyone offers tune upgrades for older OBD-1 anymore, if at all.............but HP ain't everything, it's the torque that the 7.5 delivers that shines.
    I have done all the "mods" I listed with the exception of electric fan, and there was quite a noticeable difference over bone stock.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I can still tune them, but honestly unless you've done custom things which require a tune to get it running right... a tuner won't be your best bang for the buck on a EEC-IV setup. 245HP and 395 lb-ft torque. You can expect a 60HP drivetrain loss by the time power gets to the wheels.

7. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Even if you can/do tune it, you need a cam and bigger injectors to take any advantage.
    Stock form, mine could still pull a 7% grade at 5,500 ft with a 2,500lb cab-over camper and 2,000 lbs of boat + unknown amount of gear, dogs, people at 65 mph without breaking a sweat.............and that is where the 460 shines (never mind the gas mpgs)

8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

transmission mods are where they shine, the E4OD needs a little help to make the 460 run like it should

9. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Let's hear it!..............The E4OD in mine is un-molested (but maintained) be nice if there was room for improvement here.

10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I have to get into the old computer dave, I wrote an article "over there", but I am banned, so I can't go retrieve it.
    I am in NC right now, this week I'll be back in Md, and work on that project, as Ken has one he needs from me as well

11. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

I gotta agree with the gang here. Bumping the initial timing, adding good headers and exhaust system will help best at this point. Have you done a compression test, (dry and wet), to determine if your cylinders and valves are in good shape?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >