1995 Ford F250 Fuel Delivery Module

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Dave, Jun 27, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Dave

I have the model with dual tanks and the shuttle valve in the fuel pump. I installed 2 new fuel pump and when running on the front tank the back tank fills. Can someone direct me to the model of fuel pump that has the shuttle valve in the pump.

Tags:
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

There is no shuttle valve. There is a check valve, that is blown because your fuel pressure regulator has gone bad, and blown it out.
    replace that first, then best to replace entire pump assembly as a unit.
    if you continue to run o that pressure regulator might as well buy both pumps.

Ford had a recall on this, but it timed out. They were installing pressure regulators at the pumps on the tanks, which are no longer available

3. Dave

I did a lot of online reading on this, not a mechanic. Original pump has 2 valves, when pump is engaged the valve to engine opens and the 2nd shuttle valve on the return valve also open due to fuel pressure. There is no selector valve on the frame rail. Both front and rear pumps are brand new. Looking for model of fuel pump that has both check valves on out and in.

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

So online reading will fix the problem then.
    The check valve that stops the fuel is blown because your fuel pressure regulator is bad .
    Look up the ford recall in your online reading.
    Yeah. Go ahead and report my post.
    Won't be the first time.
    This is why I don't help anymore

5. Dave

Sorry didn't mean to offend. Thanks for advice, looked at how to change out fuel pressure regulator. So are you saying all the Fuel delivery Modules have both check valves?

6. Dave

Will change fuel pressure regulator, not expensive, just wanted to confirm they have both valves before I pull the box to replace them.

7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

So not sure where you bought the pump. I would check the warranty and return it as a failed unit. The check valve is in the fuel delivery module and can't be repaired by an average individual
    Do NOT mention anything about the pressure regulator. Maybe they won't be as old as me and remember the tsb's or recall.

Otherwise you will be stuck replacing it, and bearing the cost, as stated it sadly, really isn't rebuildable

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Are both pumps filling both tanks?
    If not, just drop the tank that is the issue rather than pull the bed

9. Dave

Bed was already pulled to replace both tanks and pumps so new bolts, easier access and don't have to have tanks empty.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >