1996 e350

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by frosti, Apr 7, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. frosti

I have a 96 e350 4x4 shifting hard and not wanting to go at a light sometimes after I have driven about an hour or so..i have 255000..with the 460.. has anyone dealt with mts transmission in Omaha neb. I saw that they have a new stage 2 transmission e4od for 3100.00 just thinking to upgrade ..I am not sure if its the original one in the vehicle now ..when I bought it 3 years ago it had 189000 on it..or would be a solenoid pack.??.overdrive flashes when it acts up I am going to try and get the codes from the eec..sometime soon when I have time to research them..thank you for any input...

Tags:
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

I am not familiar with that company. Is that stage 2 for the gas motor, or diesel?

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'd pull codes before you do anything else, the flashing light indicates the PCM has transmission codes set, so it will give you some indication of what the problem is and there's a chance it's not something requiring a replacement.

Hard shifting is the PCM's transmission protection mode. Some hard fault codes will cause the PCM to command full line pressure during shifts to avoid any slip and keep temperatures down. It may be a case of simply too high transmission temperatures if the fluid is thinned from being changed on a regular maintenance schedule. Sometimes external circuit failures can cause this too.

4. frosti

Its for gas

5. frosti

Its for gas

6. frosti

7. frosti

Will do.. Thank you for the info

8. NRA4ever Founding Member

Pull the codes. Ive fixed 2 of mine with solenoid replacements and one with a new plug to the solenoid pack. I found the problem by pulling the codes

9. frosti

Thanks will do

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >