351 f150 backfiring through throttle

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Tchardkore, Mar 16, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Tchardkore

Hello I'm asking on behalf of my dad who can't afford a mechanic it runs ok at speed but backfires at idle through the intake he hopes it's an injector not atomizing fuel dripping not spraying new plugs 292k any cheap fixes I can pay for info on the 27th of March he needs a running truck he would like a genuine Ford quick connect fuel thing it looks like a socket with a donut on it 95 4x4 ext cab 85 mustang GT dead Harley dead bass boat dead truck barely alive please help thanks

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Kind of hard to read, no periods or other punctuation so its difficult to know where one thought ends and another begins. That will go a long way to getting answers when you ask questions in the future.

Backfire can happen from fuel puddling, so I'd clean the injectors first to see if it solves it. It sounds like they need it anyway. Also, check the fuel pressure at idle. Maybe a clogged fuel filter if it shows it's not getting enough pressure, and runs too lean at idle.

3. Tchardkore

4. Tchardkore

Hello,my typing is really bad after 5 days (daze) lol anyway it runs great after he reset the computer it pops a little. he did the paper clip thing which didn't really do much, but the reset fixed it.I told him how to clean them with alligator clips and a battery and carb cleaner which he hasn't done yet.but thanks I've gone on YouTube Google many Ford forums (many) all I know is quitters don't win and winners don't quit kind of like this post it just doesn't quit I mean c'mon but seer e us ly thanks and if your truck says Ford then run becouse trucks Dont talk! Sincerely Thomas and dad

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >