1997 f-250 fuel lines

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Jeffpace30, Apr 16, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Jeffpace30

I have a 1997 f-250. The fuel line coming from the transfer pump to the back of the head cracked. I went to my local dealership to get a replacement. In the picture it shows my old lines and the lines on the right was the first one they ordered. The banjo fitting and right side line were the same, but the left is different. They then went of the VIN number and came up with the lines on the left. The lines are correct, but the banjo fitting is not. The mounting tabs are on the wrong side. They reordered it thinking it was a manufacturing mistake and the other set was the same. Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there a fix or do I have to get used lines?
    Thank you.
    image.jpeg #ad

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The one in the middle is your old one? And the one on the left side is right, except for the middle round piece is turned backwards? If so, I'd try ordering it off Amazon, see if the right part comes in and it not send it back.... Amazon is great about taking anything back.

Also, welcome to Ford Truck Zone.

3. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'm thinking the one on the right looks really close, might just need some careful line bending.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

A brake link bending tool would do the trick.

5. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

If they screwed up manufacturing lines it might be more than one set. Can they be heated and turned and then re-brazed?

6. Jeffpace30

The one on the right has a different angle and is about 1 1/2" short.

7. Jeffpace30

We thought of that, but they are welded stainless lines.

8. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

From the pic the one on the right, would seem to have ample range to be tweeked to fit, and from what I see, the end fittings and banjo fitting seem almost identical.

9. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You posted before I answered...........
    If this is so, it might be time for another trip to the dealer or a different parts house.

10. Jeffpace30

So far no success on Amazon.

11. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Maybe Rock Auto? They have pictures of almost every OEM and non-OEM product, great return policies and customer service.

12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

If all else fails, maybe a 1.5" extension is in order - flexible high pressure line maybe, or steel.

Q: Where did the original crack? A flexible line might help in the long run.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >