2.7 V6 Ranger?

Discussion in '2019 - 2024 Ford Ranger' started by Fuel guzzling beast, Feb 5, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Fuel guzzling beast

Sorry, I'm old school, I will not buy a new Ranger until a V6 is offered. Any news or hope on the horizon?

Tags:
    captchas likes this.
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The 2.3L has more power than any previous Ranger's V6 had. You're talking V8 power and torque with that Ecoboost engine. 260HP - that's what the F150 5.4L V8 produced from 1997 to 2003.

Compared that to the 207HP the last 4.0L V6 they offered in the Ranger. Ain't no point in more displacement if you're getting less power!

I don't seen any reason they'd offer anything that's going to help it chew into F150 sales, since that truck is their bread and butter.

3. Fuel guzzling beast

I'd hope to hell that new eco-bomb 4 cyl could match the reliability of my boring old school 207hp 4.0 V6. I drive a 2019 F150 at work with the 2.7, this is the motor the new Ranger screams for. Why not get a leg up on toyota before they finally refresh the tired tacoma?

4. Muel Article Contributor Oregon Chapter

Bought a 2021 Ranger XLT 4x4 when our 1994 Ranger 4x4 finally blowed up just shy of 300,000 miles.
    The only mods planned are a leveling kit and an ARB Front Bumper, Oh and better tires.
    The one thing this truck isn't short of it power!
    Bone stock it wheeled a local play area, amazing for what it is!

5. captchas

i would get in line for one as long as it fails to have a single or dual turbos' esp. after what my 2015 escape's 2.0 l ecoboost just cost me to fix after it's turbo failed . all i can say is OUCH big time ouch , so sadly i am in the same school OLD i don't mind direct injection dual cams and other such, but when it comes to turbo's i am old school give me a motor without . give me a pushrod motor,

DonW and Fuel guzzling beast like this.
  6. Fuel guzzling beast

I've seen a lot of folks do real well with the turbos, but like you said.....some not so much.
    After driving a F150 with the 2.7, I can only imagine what a Ranger would be like. Yota and GM would be left in the dust.

7. captchas

i had a 2011 toya taco after battling toyota for a year over the famed taco shudder from the convertor lock up issue i went lemon law and won, recently i have driven a year old one, no thanks not worth 45K , to much far east for me. right now i have a 2020 colorado z71 . 3.6 nice riding truck handles good, really needs a 5.3 LS to power, esp when towing one of the model a's around on a tandem trailer , why replace it? issue is hating the rip off dealers when brought in for service with the after sale Bs pushing, oh it's time for this and that, they get pissed when i call BS, and say i am a semi retired ase master auto and truck, along with master under audi.Porsche and vw plus i was a dealer SM and a brand factory dsm i do know the bs lines inside and out ,
    i would in a heart beat grab a ranger if i could at least get the exploder 3,5 l v6 and live with my dislike of turbo's like i do with my escape keeping with my real blue oval blue blood

8. Fuel guzzling beast

My old 4.0 SOHC Ranger is doing fine for now, not going 41k in debt right now, and don't need a F150.....too frikkin big!

captchas likes this.
  9. captchas

10. Fuel guzzling beast

I had a 84 Ranger that lasted for 465k and is still running AFAIK. My 02 4.0 is a youthful 154k. Had 3 other Rangers and a Bronco II over the years and every one was a solid little truck that gave very little trouble.

11. captchas

that 4.0 makes me miss this one and yes that's a blown 4.0 making 440 at the wheels long block from super six motor sports

new mustang shots gt parts 002.JPG #ad

v6 mods 005.JPG #ad

12. DonW

Yes I agree…. I had a 2004 4.0, wore it half out sold it to my brother in 2014 whom run it 7 years.He took exceptional care of it, changed the oil once I know of. Put 1set of brakes on it. The think finally broke the rear timing chain idler and blew the engine….only had 314,000 miles on it!

13. DonW

And that’s important….leaving yota and GM in the dust….

14. Fuel guzzling beast

GM and Yota seem to both be putting out less than stellar products anyway.

captchas and DonW like this.
  15. captchas

owning 1 of each , my colorado v6 outruns the shop use yota v6, the gm gets better mpg's and pulls a load easier , as to quality they both stink. ( note i did not buy the yota my partner did ) yet again the gm is mildly better having a softer ride seating is better on the gm while the yota is harder more truck like
    please IMMO! neither one is worth those 45k MSRP stickers. than is any mid size truck ranger included worth these prices,?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >