2001 F150 Upper control arm bracket question

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by oldpops, Dec 21, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. oldpops

Hi All! First want to say thanks for all the help and advice given in the past, it helped out! A few years ago our F150 got hit by a car in the front right/passenger tire, causing the tire to bend inward on the top of the tire.. Took it to a mechanic who straightened the wheel as best he could but he isn't a frame shop. Ever since then, because the tire tilts inward on the top of the tire, and outward on the bottom of the tire, the truck has been wearing out tires in the inside of the tire (tread). We have been putting on used tires since we know that wheel wears the tire out unevenly. Just took it to a wheel alignment place and they won't touch it - - said the frame is a bit twisted causing the upper control arms on that front right wheel, to be bent so much they could not align it. Alignment shop suggested that I take it to a frame shop ($$$) but if I had the money for that I would have done it already. Wondering if anyone here has faced this issue and resolved it without having a frame shop. Are there any adapters or bracket extenders that can be used? Tired of buying used tires. Don't know what to do. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? All advice and suggestions are appreciated!

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I worked at an alignment shop ,20 years ago now. There is only so much you can do without having the frame straight.
    I understand them not wanting to put their name on it.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >