Ranger 2004 Ford Ranger Rust Question

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by fblaze1, Nov 29, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. fblaze1

Took car to shop and realized the bottom of my truck has a ton of rust. The exhaust rusted in half between the resonator and cutback. The rear charcoal cannister also rusted off. Lots of rust and rusted out spots under the car.

It does not look like the actual frame has any rust holes, only the thin metal that is shown in the picture? What is that called I cant figure it out anywhere. Is it dangerous to drive with this I cant imagine this effects the support structure that much since the metal is so thin. Is there anyway to have this repaired? Will this car ever pass inspection again? The car is inspected but I need the emmissions to pass and in order to get the check engine light off I need to find a way to put back on the charcoal cannister. I live in Maryland so i already passed the one inspection but i am wondering in case i sell it and it has to be reinspected.

Thanks for any help, i can send more pictures if needed.

IMG_0040.JPG #ad

IMG_0042.JPG #ad

IMG_0044.JPG #ad

Attached Files:

Tags:
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >