Explorer 2005 explorer misfiring

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Babygirl9272, Jul 10, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Babygirl9272

So I've recently had a transmission put in my truck and had the pcm and throttle body replaced and now I'm getting a misfire code AGAIN! Before we get rid of "Bessy" (my husband name for our truck), just wondering if anyone might have had other issues that kept recurring after a certain point. Just completely frustrated with the $ we've put into it lately.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

What is the code(s)?

If the misfire code is P0300 (random misfire) then it's not going to be related to an individual cylinder. If it is a P301-P306 that generally means either a spark plug, fuel injector or coil. Let us know the code and then we can help with steps to tell you what the cause is.

3. Babygirl9272

I will have to pull it or have my husband run it again and post it here. I don't know why I didn't think to add that originally. :(

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >