2005 F150 hood latch

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by dirtyboots, Oct 23, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dirtyboots

Went to open the hood today and pulled the in cabin release, worked as usual, but the hood did not pop up that little bit.
    Moved the lever below the grill and nothing. Tried pushing down on the hood maybe it would re lock, did not move. Tried it several more times same result, nothing. I have had problems with the release cable sticking so I do make a habit of keeping it lubricated with white lithium. Thoughts suggestions appreciated.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You'll need to find something to reach in there and pull the cable or latch. Its usually either a broken cable, or the latch mechanism coming lose, it can be moved and adjusted pretty easily. Loosen the nuts and raise it a bit, then try the latch from inside the truck, raise it a bit higher if it still doesn't work. Another thing to do is once you get the hood open, have someone pull the level from inside the truck while you watch to see if it's actually pulling the latch.

3. dirtyboots

Thanks will give it a try .

4. dirtyboots

Got my wife to pull the cabin release and located the correct cable and connection I was able to slip a long thin screwdriver thru the grill and release the latch. It was sticking, cleaned it up with some solvent and lubed it with wd-40 instead of the white lithium

Thanks

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Good to hear it was a simple fix. :)

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >