2005 Lariat 4X4 Disc Brake Replacement

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Bigdog, Feb 23, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Bigdog

Can anyone tell me the part number for the replacement front and rear disc brakes on my truck. Original equipment brakes had lots of brake dust. When I had the dealer replace them they installed ones that have had very little dust. I don't know the ford part number for the no or less dust brake pads.

I only want to use original Ford parts.

Tags:
  2. clhrepair

You can go to the dealer and get the replacement pads that are called for. They will be more than happy to sell them to you. They also checked your rotors for run out and to see if they were serviceable. It is a good Idea to replace your rotor at the dame time that you replace your brake pads so you do not get the front end shake when you brake

3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

The pads that don't throw as much dust are a harder pad, and heat up the rotor when applied
    This is not as good of braking with a load, or pulling a trailer

If you have had no issues with this set of pads, by all means use them again, but either replace the rotors, or have them turned, to remove the hot spots.
    Eventually the rotors will warp., or crack

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >