2006 F-150 Remote Start issues

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by allyn22, Jan 16, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. allyn22

Hello Everyone,
    I have started having a lot of remote start issues when it goes below a certain temperature, somewhere around 20-25 F. The process continues normally and then the horn blows, the security light flashes and then it stops. I can get it to work most of the time by placing a key in the ignition (no need to turn it), which makes me think it's the bypass device.
    Has anyone else had this issue and figured out what it is was?
    Thanks,
    Al

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

When you say it stops, do you mean the flashing light stops, or the engine isn't running? Any chance it was put into programming or valet mode by mistake? Also check the operation of the hood switch, if it's not seen as closed by the system it will refuse to start. Has the dome light bulb been changed to an LED bulb (for some reason that interferes with the proper operation of the system)?

Or it may be the module itself, especially since it's a 2006, they later revised the wiring on them because they could break.

3. allyn22

The starter never kicks in and the security light flashes fast. Usually, if I stick the key in the ignition without turning it, that usually allows it to start, but obviously not a fix. I never mess with the hood. If i remember correctly, its a tilt switch. I have also pulled the remote start unit out from out under the dash and moved it around- that only works sometimes. It's a pain because the only time this happens is when it is really cold and makes it a pain to troubleshoot.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If moving it around makes it work sometimes, I'm betting it's that issue with the faulty units they superceded with a newer part numbers.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >