2006 Roush F150 Project

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Builds' started by FTZ HAIC, Aug 3, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Finally decided it was time to start a build thread for my F150, since I've been enjoying a lot of work on it recently.

This is what I did today:
    IMG_20190803_172815413.jpg #ad

Even though I've always kept garaged, 12 years have taken their toll on the decals. I replaced the windshield lettering today. The new letters aren't off-center, the characters are proportional font instead of fixed, so letters like the O are wide. Each side of "ROUSH" is exactly 8 inches to the edge of the windshield.

It turned out to be much harder than planned. I bought an aftermarket lettering kit because it's 1/3rd the price of Roush originals. Roush's lettering roll is curved, so you just tape the edge to the top of the windshield everything is perfectly lined up.

I didn't know the aftermarket letters came on a straight instead of a curved roll! So I had to cut each letter off the roll and install them individually to get them to line up with the windshield curve. That took a bunch of measuring, marking the windshield with a grease pencil and moving each letter around until I got them perfect. So it was like 5 decal install projects instead of one!

It wasn't wasted time thought, because I learned how to do this, got a great bit of practice in and I'm now confident I can easily handle replacing the side lettering and stripes, and the center stripes. I ordered those today.

I have three other recently finished projects on the truck I need to post, but it's been a long day so I'll get to those another time.

Pardon the messy hood and windshield, all the spraying down and cleaning of the top of the windshield left everything else a mess!

Tags:
  2. captchas

still looks as good as when you had it NJ ken,

3. redprowler

It looks great. Got any updates regarding this build?

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It currently has the dash about half apart for upgrades I made to the electronics (data logger, and putting in a touch screen). Plus the back of the truck is on jack stands while I finish some more suspension work to handle some extra power I'm planning on next.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >