Explorer 2007 ST needs help!

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Fordgirl41278, Jun 26, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Fordgirl41278

How will I know if the ecm needs to be replaced on my 2007 Sport Trac? The wrench light comes on, my speedometer isn't working, my dummy lights on the dash come on and off randomly, my milage and trip meters wont register. When I start my truck all lights are off until I start driving then the wrench comes on then the others do their thing of coming on. It seems to go into limp mode once the wrench comes on. The MAS and the TPS have been replaced. I took it to a local garage and they hooked it up and scanned codes. They tell me it is definitely an electrical issue and not mechanical.

2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You need to plug in a code reader into the OBDII port under the edge of the driver's side dash. The PCM can even diagnose itself in many cases. It should give you a code or list of codes. If it goes into limp mode that means the PCM is probably good --- limp mode is done by the PCM itself when one or more sensor it giving it data so bad it can't correctly run the normal tune.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >