2013 ECO computor

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by jimmy-six, Jun 15, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jimmy-six Founding Member

Anyone loose their computer? 2013 XLT with 22K miles wouldn't do anything except flash a lot of things on the dash screen and of course not start or even turn over. Went to he purchasing dealership on the hook to be investigated... They and said the computer was toast and will be replaced under warrentee. Only warning was the the throttle (by wire) would not respond once last week. I had an Edge CTS plugged in and used as a monitor only; never loaded or tried to load any performance or mileage upgrade, I removed it before sending to the dealer just in case. No mention of any was asked or said.

Anyone else ever have this?......JD

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Its rare, but PCM's do go out. I saw it now and then back when I was selling a ton of tuners. Many newer Ford PCM's have a flash counter now, and if the number of times Ford has flashed it doesn't match the count in the PCM they know it's been flashed. They don't always check though.

3. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I have seen shorted' bad batteries scramble puters ... Have the dealer check all aspects of your issue .
    Could have been a bad unit . Ask them to verify the cause of the failure .

4. jimmy-six Founding Member

PCM has been replaced. Could not determine what was the problem at least to me.
    New question. Transmission now shifts earlier than before and will go into 6th gear at 40 mph when driven easy in town. Never went in before 60/65 on freeway and never in town. Do they sense load? It is a max-tow with 3.73 gears if that makes any difference. In tow mode seems normal but I haven't towed yet. Should they have had to program it or at least check the program after installation? How about 2014's and 2015's do they shift earlier and spend more time in 6th for milage? Thanks
    PS: where is it located?

5. bigrigfixer Article Contributor Founding Member Canadian Chapter

It should learn your driving habits and adjust accordingly over a few days. Same as disconnecting your battery.

6. jimmy-six Founding Member

OK not complaining on early shift or 6th...may help mileage. New thing. I always had a monitor plugged into the OB connector to see some things the dash didn't have; all still work withe exception of the Boost which I really liked. Any ideas on a way to check that out with a fuse or something?.. Thanks

7. jimmy-six Founding Member

Found it... Selected MAP sensor for the intake manifold pressure and it can up on my screen.....

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >