2013 F150 ecoboost

Discussion in '2009 - 2014 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by csca1, Jan 25, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. csca1 Vet Zone

I am looking at a 2013 ecoboost F150 3.5L w/ a 3.31 axle. Charts show the GCWR as 15100 lbs. vs. 2012 3.31 showing a 14000 lb. . was there a body change that year or is there an error?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Hi and welcome to FTZ. The tow ratings were increased along with upgrades to the engine. The spark plug gap was reduced (to accommodate more boost), upgraded intercooler, electronic blow-off valve, cam position sensors moved, turbo itself modified, changes to the PCV and vacuum system. So while the HP ratings are the same, the system can operate with lower turbo exhaust temperatures, allowing it to stay at higher boost levels with loads.

3. csca1 Vet Zone

Wow. You are the man. Four dealerships or the Ford motor call line could tell me anything.
    -

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah, most of the dealers don't know all that much, and the people at Ford customer service in my experience are paid mainly to act clueless if you have a complaint! Sometimes you get lucky though and find someone at a dealer who really knows there's stuff.

We've got one guy here who knows pretty much every Ford part number there is over the last several decades, but he's been retired for quite some time.

A lot of people here know all about them, different guys (and gals) for different era Fords, I know the late 60s stuff, and from 1997 up.

5. csca1 Vet Zone

Thanks again. Looking at one back from lease. 9600 miles. Wanting to tow tt about maxed at 6800 lbs. Should be good.

6. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

And I already forgot anything I used to know about this stuff so I'm the one that goes after the pizza and beer. :)

Hey... don't laugh. Somebody gots to do it.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

:rock:anim

Paul Masley and csca1 like this.
  7. Paul Masley Founding Member

Keith, who demoted you to my job?

8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Since you are in West "by God" Virginia I figured you would be busy enough with keeping us supplied with the White Lightnin'. The Vic should handle that pretty well.

;)

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >