2013 Vs 2015 - '16 Navigator...

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by KW5413, Dec 1, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

...And I suspect the Expedition comparison to be much the same.

The very first thing that pops you right in the face is the aesthetics. At least in the case of the Nav. The 2015 seems to have a more "sleek" look to it as opposed to the brick look of the 2013. More like the luxury vehicle it is supposed to be.

The inside looks a lot like the '13 with some welcome changes to the console tower. Plus, more USB ports. The dash / gauge presentation is improved and damned near fully customizable to suit your driving information needs. Same with the tower information center...though I am still trying to figure it all out.

Most functions can be controlled via voice command. I am sure it will be quite amazing once I get my I.T. Masters Degree. There is a hell of lot o figure out and remember. As I recall, SYNC function is the single largest complaint that knocks Ford / Lincoln down in the reliability polls...and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Its not that SYNC fails. It is the process and learning curve that kicks it in the butt. I image that many people will never discover the "opportunities" that SYNC offers. But, this is probably true throughout FMC product lines. I still haven't taken the time to figure out the Internet thing.

The vehicle handling is superior over the sluggish, non-responsive 2013. Suspension seems much better, making the ride much better. And it seems to be quieter. Although, most new vehicles seem to quieter to me.

The 3.5 ECOBOOST wins the day and is the single biggest boost, pun intended, for this SUV. I had this engine in my 2010 Lincoln MKT and loved it so I had high expectations for this one...even though the Nav is the heavier BIG sister.

This engine is, hand over fist, more responsive in all aspects over the 5.4 I had to deal with in the 2013. It was sluggish enough that I often had to hold back driving maneuvers that normally would not be an issue. Probably one of the worse performance engines in a vehicle I have ever owned. Not so with the 3.5. With only 300 miles under it's belt I have to say this Navigator is much more enjoyable to drive with a lot more confidence.

From the windshield to the back she may look the same as the '13...But, it is much more in comfort, convenience and performance....Plus, I got a hell of a deal. Early termination out of the '13 and damned near $14K discount off list as the basis for the new lease.

:)

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Much of the 5.4L's sluggishness had to do with tuning, not the engine itself. Night and day difference with a good custom tune. Ford never seemed to be able to setup the driver demand and throttle response tables properly, which was a shame since it really isn't that hard. The torque curve was much better suited to heavy towing than the Ecoboost (it has to keep the RPMs higher to maintain the boost to accelerate).

There is a lot to love about the 3.5L Ecoboost. It really wakes up with a tune, has great mileage for the power, etc. What I'd really love to see is a factory twin turbo or TVS blower 5.0L! Sadly the EPA is making that all but impossible.

3. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

And that will probably;y get worse before it gets better.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >