Screwing into the dash, is it safe?

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by scenicjetboats, Nov 5, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. scenicjetboats

My truck didn't come with upfitter switches so I have purchased and wired in an auxillary switch set up. I mounted with gorilla mounting tape about 2" below the brake controller. Unfortunatly the tape in less than a week provided less than gorilla tough. I can't see in behind that far up so does any one know-Can I put 2 small short (1/2" long) screws in the dash below the brake controller bars without damaging anything? If not there where? Help is appreciated. Thank you

Tags:
  2. lah2420

Normally lower down on the dash is safe for short screws. Best thing would be to see if you can feel under there where you want to place it. I have regularly mounted two way control heads, speakers, and microphone brackets in that general area. But it would be best to find a way to reach up under that area to make sure. You may be able to pull a couple of screws and drop the panel under the steering column and see right where you are talking about.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >