using upfitter switch for universal garage door opener

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by AlanS, Aug 8, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. AlanS

Has anyone ever tried to use an upfitter switch as a universal garage door opener?

Tags:
  2. Kajtek1 Founding Member

Start with checking if the opener will work from the cabin.
    I have handheld opener and standing in front of the door it will not open it.
    I have to open truck door or window and stick my hand outside for it to work.
    I think heavy truck windshield is jamming the signal.

3. Swking57

I installed a harley Davidson garage door opener on my 19 super duty. Wired it to the upfitter switch and mounted the transmitter to the front cowl. Works great.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  4. SuperDuty2018

Could you elaborate more on this? I purchased the harley garage door opener for this purpose and was wondering if you could give me some insight on how you wired it.
    Thanks

5. Swking57

I will be back in town tomorrow and I will give better details on how I did mine.

SuperDuty2018 likes this.
  6. Swking57

Hi, this is how I wired my garage door opener. 1st I moved the fuse so that #5 & #6 switches has constant power. (See owners manual for your truck). I took the black wire (ground) and attached it to a fender bolt. The orange/white wire went to switch #5 and the white wire to #6. There was a rectangle indent on the front cowl on the driver's side. This was a good place to mount mine. # 5 switch is constant power and I use #6 as a momentary switch. So after following the program sequence. All I do is flip #5 on and then toggle #6. You might have to flip the switch through 2 cycles but it works fine. Hope this helps.

SuperDuty2018 likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >