2017 f 150 eco boost

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by gregsalmon, Dec 4, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. gregsalmon

Any ideas on why the new 3.5 with 10 speed is delayed coming out?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

All Ford is saying is "retrofits". They probably found issues, maybe with quality, that they want to take care of before they ship them.

3. gregsalmon

Thanks! They had me sold, now I will wait at least one model year....

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Always best to let the eager suckers make the test run...lol

OldjunkFords likes this.
  5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Okay, I found out what's going on. Ford released this, concerning the new 10 speed transmission:

“Launches are complex, and every one of them presents different challenges and opportunities,” Ford said in a statement. “Our process is to work through any issues and ensure that our customers receive a quality vehicle.”

And that Ford was “holding [trucks] longer so we could do more testing and make sure everything is right before we release them.”​

They have released 7,500 of the 15,000 they put on hold so they should be hitting the lots soon, if not already.

6. gregsalmon

Thanks! Nice job finding out about that....​

7. gregsalmon

Still no sign of them. I bought a Tundra and will take a look at the Fords in a couple years if they ever come out

8. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Good luck with the new truck. :)

gregsalmon likes this.
  9. gregsalmon

Have you heard any more about why they are not showing up?

10. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

11. gregsalmon

i called several dealers. They say they don't have any 2017 3.5 ecoboost f 150. Leaves me still wondering what happened.

12. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Right now if you're willing to go for a new 2016, Ford is offering up to $8050 back on some models.

13. gregsalmon

They finally showed up at a dealer near me. Gonna run the Tundra for a year and see how they workout. Kind of leery of them after that delay....

14. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Honestly, if it were me I'd just stick with what you have. Buying a new truck for a year then buying another to replace it... you're taking a 25% depreciation on any vehicle the minute you drive it off the lot.

captchas and JWC 3 like this.
  15. gregsalmon

yep, wise words! Trouble is, I got tired of waiting and bought the Tundra.

Also consumer reports has dropped the 150 to " no longer recommended". It's the only truck on that list.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >