2020 to 2018 P/u Bed Swap

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Onetexansfan, Jul 8, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Onetexansfan

Hello,
    Can anyone shed some light as to why my F350 dash/door controls stopped working when I started truck to pull out from under old bed? No A/C power; one window won't roll; tire pressure sensor fault... radio will not turn off and only responds to steering wheel volume/ channel. I disconnected the battery for 45 minutes to try to reset system (with no luck), now the key fob won't do anything! I see a reset procedure in the manuel, but I can't complete the step of turning off all accessories (radio).
    Thanks, any insight would be appreciated.

Tags:
  2. ifallsguy

Did you use terminate the plugs you had to undo when you wanted to pull the bed? Computers are not receiving expected signals and may be the issue. Normally when a bed is removed/lifted, the bed is moved or the truck is pushed from under it. At least that's how it worked last time I saw it done.

3. Onetexansfan

Thanks for responding ifall'sguy,

Yeah we lifted the bed with a overhead, then I started the truck and drove out from under it. Put my old harness on the new bed... no lights. It's not all wired yet, as the guy I bought the bed from just cut all the wires.
    A buddy just told me about a computer program called FORScan to interface with my trick computer... do you have any experience with it?
    Thanks again..

4. ifallsguy

You might want to check this out:

Ford As-Built Data - FORScan forum

It will tell you how to download the as built data. You might want to look at reinstalling that. It might get you up and running. My experience is reprograming to get rid of functions I didn't want with no problems.

5. DonW

You guys are so far ahead of me I thought I was in 1st place!!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >