Max AC works Intermittently

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Elgato, Sep 5, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Elgato

Hello Guys,

2017 F250 XLT. The Max AC works about 1 out of 8 or 9 times I go somewhere. Additionally, when the Max is blowing it is ICE cold but the other 7 or 8 times the regular AC is blowing it feels like it needs freon (and maybe even a little humid, not sure).

I haven't been able to figure out any other pattern. I live in Houston and September might as well be July so any help is appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Preston

check the lines to see if there kinked or broken

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It can't need Freon since every car or truck sold new in the USA since 1996 has used R-134a. :hello1:

With the hood up, let it run with the AC. If the compressor isn't cycling, let us know. It could be a relay, clutch issue that can sometimes be fixed with a shim, or lose wire.

If the compressor cycles continously on/off instead of the normal slow on/off, that's usually a sign its low on refrigurant.

It could also be the blend door, causing cool air to pass through the heater core. The A/C switch uses vacuum lines to determine where the air flows, check all that for vacuum leaks.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >