lack of Back up camera+

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by cadeco, Jan 30, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. cadeco

Hi Guys this is my first post so, be nice ok? kkk I got a 2017 F250 XL w/out back up camera ( did not paid attention before make the deal). The problem is that i need a back up camera, so this is my question: If I buy the handle with a camera and the harness ( the one connected to the camera at the tailgate) would it work? or I would need more stuff?. I'm not a fan of aftermarket parts and would like to keep it OEM ( even if costs a bit more) Does anybody knows if the harnesses under the truck would accept it or do i have to also change the main ? I would find a bit strange ( not logical) for Ford make different main harness for the trucks instead of on standard one with the connections for extras already in place. Any feelings about it? Thanks

Tags:
  2. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

go with the aftermarket camera on top of the license plate to a monitor in the truck.
    the in tailgate camera is a bitch to keep clean.
    the tailgate camera i have to wipe every day, sometimes twice r three times a day depending on weather conditions.
    the over the plate camera on my 02 only needs to be wiped clean once a month or so.

3. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I know you are probably not looking for something like this but, it is cheap and works well. I have this hardwired on my Nova, Cutlass and Polaris Ranger. I have them switched to activate when I flip the switch but, will turn of when engines are off. I did not wire into reverse wires. I wanted it for "On Demand" use.

Amazon.com : LeeKooLuu Backup Camera and 4.3 Monitor Single Power Kit IP68 Waterproof 150°Viewing Angle Rear View Camera Super Night Vision Parking Lines for Car/RV/Truck/Pickup/Van : Camera & Photo

1970something likes this.
  4. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

good idea Bill. we have something similar on the 2015 peterbuilt dump truck. all the other trucks have built in systems. .

5. cadeco

Well Guys, Just found out my harness does not have a "plug" for the camera. But the guy from the dealer told me that the only way to have a OEM camera would be to get an used wire harness and change ( I'm thinking about it ). The other option would be the aftermarket ( Still thinking ). Thanks for the opinions.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >