2022 F-250

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by rggolds, Jan 5, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. rggolds

Ordered a new F-250 Sept 3rd still have not heard anything about its progress Feb 3rd is 5 month about normal??

Tags:
  2. wrencheswild

I ordered Aug 6th. Was originally scheduled for jan 7th then move to feb 7th. There is a forum "waited 14 years finally ordered...." everyone has been posting theri orders and status on so you can follow and see how they are progressing

3. rggolds

Thanks

4. rggolds

Did it make difference what engine you ordered I ordered the 7.6 gas would have ordered a diesel if I thought that would have sped up delivery

5. rggolds

Id the forum mentioned different that this one

6. wrencheswild

no same forum just different thread hold on

7. wrencheswild

8. ArizonaSD

Just ordered a new F250 and had a better experience than 5 months, although the dealer said that it could take 'up to 5 months' to receive the vehicle. Ordered on 10/20/21... confirmed build by Ford on 12/06... and received the truck just before Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised as the plant goes down for PMI's the last two weeks of the month, but the truck got out. As long as your dealer has allocation available, the plant is shipping the trucks out.

Build: F250 lariat 4x4 with the 7.3l gas and Tremor package in stone grey

9. rggolds

That is strange I ordered almost the same truck lariat with the 7.3 gas in white not the Tremor package ordered 3 sept and have not heard a word dealer says still in progress what ever that means Thank for your note Rick in ga.

10. ArizonaSD

The dealer that I dealt with stated that he couldn't figure out why some trucks would sit for months and others would turn out in 30 days or so. Was it a particular feature or item that holds your order up... is unknown. I would suggest dealers that have larger allocations will do better. What I mean is that a larger dealer may receive 40-50 Super Duty trucks/mo and may receive some priority over a 5 / truck/mo dealer.
    Still a great truck and I know that you will enjoy it.

11. rggolds

yea that's most likely the case but I cant change dealers now it would put me at the back of the list again. Thanks for your input I appreciate it

12. captchas

for those ordering new what percentage of MSRP for doc fees are you finding dealers are trying to stick you with? one dealer i spoke with in NJ wanted two percent of 65k .i walked out hearing that

13. ArizonaSD

Richardson Texas... paid 1,695 for 'delivery & destination' or 2.66% of the final price (excluding TT&L) if that helps you. Keep in mind that the dealer sold me a truck for 600 under, while both AZ dealer near me would not budge off of 5-6,000 OVER MSRP. That's a ~5,500 savings. The Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) runs 1.6-1.8 hours and dealers charge for this service that Ford requires... (900 was the quote from Bell Ford). Net net, the 1,700 includes the PDI, wash & clean up the plastic, a tank full of gas, along with a few bucks for the dealer. Not bad considering.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    captchas likes this.
  14. Frank250

I ordered an F250 4x4 XLT Premium pkg, 7.3, 4.3 locker short bed on Jan. 25 and got my notice last week that build date is scheduled the week of Feb 28. I did not order any add-ons or aftermarket accessories and stuck with a common carbonized gray color. I think that makes a big difference, as I can add the bed liner, tonneau cover, etc after it gets here. I also agree it probably makes a difference in the dealer. When I was searching to buy a truck, I noticed one dealer that always had the most Super Duties and the most special-order Super Duties than any other dealer in AZ. Fortunately, they are only 3 miles away from me. I was also able to secure X-Plan pricing which knocked off about $3k from sticker and no dealer markup. Most dealers around here are adding $5k-10K premium on top of sticker. Destination and delivery is $1695.

ArizonaSD and RunningRigging like this.
  15. Pat H

I ordered my 2022 F250 Diesel 27 Sept - just notified it arrives 15 February.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >