2022 F250 Leveling Kit Questions

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by LangerBanger, Nov 1, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. LangerBanger

Howdy,

I just received my new 2022 F250 lariat Fx4 and I want a leveling kit professionally installed. I reached out to my local truck outfitter and they recommended the Ready Lift 2.5" leveling kit w/ the track bar relocation bracket (SKU: 66-2726). This package is twice as much ($430) as Ready Lift's normal Leveling kit w/o the track bar relocation bracket.

I've read that the 2.5" level will only move the axle around 1/16"-1/8" so is the relocation bracket really worth it/will the ride be any different between the two packages?

Any additional recommendations or help would be really appreciated!

Tags:
  2. ifallsguy

Before you have a lift put in, check your state laws regarding lifts. Here in GA, the state law is 2 inches of lift (GA code 40-8-6). Max headlight height is 54 inches center to ground, taillights 60 inches off the ground. If you are above those height and in an accident, you can be cited and are wide open for a very large civil suit if the accident results in injury or death. Info is from a police officer friend.

Don't count on the place you talked to either knowing the state laws or if they do, ignoring them. We had a shop in the area which would lift a pickup 24 inches. That shop is also the subject to a civil suit after a client, who had been drinking, drove over the trunk of a car stop at a light, killed a rear seat passenger and injured 3 other people. The suit is arguing the shop was knowingly modifying a vehicle in violation of state code. Driver is also being hit with 7 figure civil suit.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    LangerBanger likes this.
  3. DonW

Its funny, differant folks with differant needs/tastes. Some want big wide tires on reversed wheels sticking out beyoud the fenders throwing mud etc all up the sides, some want 6" lift kits and still want 36" tires (or higher) to lift it more. Myself, 2020 F-250 Fx4, 18" stock wheels and tires. Throws actually very little mud/debris all over the sides, I like that.
    If I had my way I'd LOWER the whole rig 2", to make it easier for the 5th wheel would sit level. It is ezpz to drop the rear as it has 2" blocks between axel and springs, although would the shocks need to be modified? The problem is the front, I refuse to have my truck sit low in the arse end as it seems to be the fad.
    Welcome aboard LangerBanger, didn't mean to hijack your thread. I knew a guy yrs ago we called Langer The Banger, I'm sure thats not you!!! LOL

LangerBanger and ifallsguy like this.
  4. LangerBanger

Thank you for the heads up! Luckily here in Texas we have much more lenient regulations for lifting vehicles.

5. LangerBanger

Absolutely! It's even funny to think how my own taste in trucks has changed from high school till now. If you would have asked me back then I would have said the sky was the limit as far as how high I wanted to lift my truck (including the "Cali Lean"), but now I'm much more conservative with my choices. As far as removing the rear blocks go, I am unsure if you would need to modify the suspension but you would definitely need new U bolts.

Thanks for the welcome DonW! Who knows haha Langer banger was a nickname I was dubbed in high school haha!

DonW likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >