2022 F250 w/Upfitter Switches

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by UncleDougie, Apr 5, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. UncleDougie

Not a electrician but totally understand the upfitter switches and the corresponding wires under the relay box (engine) and 2nd set by passenger kick plate.

My question is if i want to wire my GMRS radio to one of the additional wires (not the 6 for the switches), which one is the one that provides 12v without key in the ignition?

- BN RUN/SRT OUT
    - PTO RLY CTRL
    - PTO OUTPUT
    - 20A B+

Thank you for your assistance.

2022_F250 Upfitter Switches.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. UncleDougie

Soooooo, my big issue now is trying to locate my pass through wires. Damn near tore the entire passenger side of the engine bay apart trying to locate them. I've seena fw threads that say you need to remove your tire and wheel well to access. HTF is this supposed to make things easier for the consumer?

3. RunningRigging

I've got the six upfitter switches sitting idle. And, unfortunately, I'm not mechanically or electrically gifted. Brought my '22 F250 XLT in to the dealership to have my Garmin dashcam wired into one of the switches or just to ignition so I didn't have the wires hanging down to the usb port. After a couple of hours, the tech said it couldn't be done and gave a "tech heavy" explanation. I've no idea what he said! lol Another "quirk"... the dashcam would not operate plugged into the Ford USB port, I had to use Garmin's supplied 12v to USB adapter to get it to operate. Again another "tech heavy" explanation - something about the Ford USB port has a "little computer" in it. I know this post is of no help to you, sorry for that. Just posted as a point of possible interest on the subject. Good luck and good outcome in your project. :)
    Gary
    Oh.... also wanted to add auxiliary LED lighting to the front, but my go to place for that kind of thing said that nobody makes a bracket for the lights yet. Would have to install a brush guard. I don't want to do that cause don't want the expense and don't want to add more weight to an already front heavy vehicle. Moral to the story.... six upfitter switches remaining idle!! lol

4. UncleDougie

OK, 5-days later and my GMRS radio is all powered up. I found the pass through wires in the cab (passenger foot well) just long enough to strip and use a butt-connector. FORD how about 10 more inches of wire to make EVERYONE'S life a bit easier.

Under the hood: I FINALLY found the pass through wires!!!! It was taped to a larger bundle of wires. The bigger bundle has a "matte" finish tape wrapped around them. The PASS THROUGH WIRES are also wrapped in matte tape BUT these used a small piece of glossy tape to secure the blunt end back onto the bigger wire bundle. To make it "MORE FUN" the blunt end is also BLACK so if you are doing this hunt without great lighting, good luck.

Lastly: It was determined that 20A B+ stands for (20 AMP constant-power from battery) I hooked up on of the pass-through wire to the [BROWN-RED] wire coming out of the upfitter box and BOOM I have power to my GMRS radio all the time.

pass_through-01.jpg #ad

pass_through-02.jpg #ad

mrbraq likes this.
  5. Phragman

Did you happen to take a photo of the pass-through wires on the cab side?

rpw1965 likes this.
  6. UncleDougie

No, but I'm heading too Denver next week to pick up my truck and I get a photo and post here. Each wire had a "black" shrink-stub on the end of it. The wires might be pushed up level with the glove box.

Phragman likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >