2023 PowerBoost

Discussion in '2021 - 2024 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Desert F-250, Jun 28, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Desert F-250

We don't pull our fiver as much as we used to, and so I'm ordering a 2023 PowerBoost next month, and trading my 2019 F-250 Platinum on it when it comes in, probably in December.
    Any comments from those who have owned one? I've read all the tests, and they're mostly positive, but would like some other perspectives from actual owners.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Is fuel savings are your goal, and if so how long do you plan to keep the F150 and miles per year?

Numbers need to be run because unless you plan to put a lot of miles on it you might take a bigger hit on depreciation for a 3 year-old truck than your fuel cost saving. Especially with the markups and lack of discounts on new pickups right now.

captchas and Desert F-250 like this.
  3. Desert F-250

Yeah, I know. As of right now, my 3 year old F-250 is worth more than the new 2023 F-150. We'll see if that changes in the next 6 months. Thanks for your input.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I have a friend who recently bought an F150 and it had all kinds of issues with the electronics. The dealer told him that's really common right now with chips in short supply the quality has gone down. 5K miles on it, the dealer took it back, gave him another truck and said the dealership is better off auctioning it at a dealer auction than trying to chase down the gremlins.

captchas likes this.
  5. Desert F-250

I know the 2021 and 2022 have had problems because of the chip issue. I've asked about this, and the salesman told me Ford will start taking orders on July 18, but not actually start building any 2023 models until October 12 so the factory can get caught up on needed parts. Thanks

6. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

I just sold my F250 to the dealer and then ordered a 2023 F-150 Hybrid. Salesman told me the chip shortage has eased and the new car flow to dealerships should start increasing a bit. There were a couple of things cut out of the 2023 from the 2022 version, otherwise I think they're the same: the park assist 2.0 and I can't remember the 2nd thing.

Desert F-250 likes this.
  7. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

2nd thing was the seat massage... which is too bad. Hardly ever used the feature in the past, but when on a multi-day drive it's real nice to have.

Desert F-250 likes this.
  8. Desert F-250

Yeah, no massaging seats here either. Only used them on long trips, but still will miss them.
    Do you feel your dealer gave you a fair price when they bought your F250?

Tall Timbers likes this.
  9. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

They took it with an $8000 plow. I was asking $77000 for it with the plow. They gave me $65K. Kelly's said the vehicle alone was worth 73-77K if sold to a private party. I never checked to see what the trade-in value was. I think it was reasonable. Anything less and I probably would have continued to try and sell it. I had accepted an offer for $70K but when the person saw what their monthly payment was going to be they backed out. That's when I decided to try the dealer. By selling it to the dealer I was able to cash out of the extended warranty for a little for 1.1K. I didn't have to replace the broken windshield for $500 and I've got winter tires on premium rims that should sell for about $1500. So once the dust settles I won't be to far off from the offer I accepted. I think my dealer made an offer to me that was more generous than usual for them.

Desert F-250 likes this.
  10. Desert F-250

Thanks. I'm going to watch the used market for the next couple of months, and then make a decision on selling or trading. I would need to get $5400 more selling than trading just to break even on the sales tax, so we'll see. Good luck on your new pickup!

Tall Timbers likes this.
  11. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

Thanks... probably won't see it until early next year. First time in decades I've been without a truck.

12. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

I got my F150 powerboost a few months ago and put 10000 miles on it driving between Alaska and Wyoming with either a light or empty trailer. The check engine light came on and turned out the catalytic converters were plugged up and had to be replaced. It took two months for the parts to arrive. Apparently Ford is having a catalytic converter issue...

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >