'31 Dually With A Sunroof....

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by KW5413, Jun 26, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    ;

Tags:
    bigrigfixer and Campspringsjohn like this.
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

They all had sunroof's back then KW. Stamping techniques were not advanced enough until 35 or so to make 1 big panel.
    Nice truck.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Funny, the only thing clean on it is the logo up front!

KW5413 likes this.
  4. BKW Founding Member

1935 GM cars were the first to have a one piece roof stamping, GM called it: Turret Top.

All 2/4 door cars and trucks prior to 1936, cars prior to 1935 (GM) have either a leather or imitation leather insert in the roof.

Pictured truck is a 1930 Ford Model AA

dustybumpers likes this.
  5. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

53 was the first one piece windscreen on gm cars.

Dyslexia got me ........

6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

54 on the trucks

7. BKW Founding Member

Auto show cars: 1953 Buick Skylark had a two piece windshield.

Cadillac El Dorado and Oldsmobile Fiesta had wrap around "knee knocker" one piece windshields.

1953 was the first year for the Buick "nail head" OHV V8, but only on Super & Roadmaster. Specials used the Straight 8 until 1954.

1953: The Ford "blitz" began, Hudson introduced the Jet, Chrysler purchased the Briggs Body Co., 'Ike' was inaugurated.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  8. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

My 53 Catalina had a straight 8 ,two speed powerglide, yes powerglide that year. ....and a one piece windscreen .
    I do miss that car sometimes.

9. BKW Founding Member

1953: When GM's Hydra-Matic factory burned to the ground, Pontiac came with Power-Glide, Oldsmobile and Cadillac came with Dynaflow.

Kaiser purchased Willys-Overland, then sold GM their Willow Run MI assembly plant, so GM could use it to assemble Hydra-Matic.

It had become a huge 'white elephant' for Kaiser.

Kaiser then moved production to Toledo OH and wags said that Kaiser had caused the fire by personally lighting the match.

I had a '53 Pontiac 4 door, but it had Hydra-Matic because it was an early production.

1953 Nash, Hudson, Lincoln and Kaiser all used Hydra-Matic, because they had enough available in stock.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >