335 series ZF

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by Critter, May 18, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

I am working with Tim Meyer of TMeyer, Inc. and Gary Lewis to produce a "bolt up" ZF5 kit for 351M and 400 engines. A lot of this has been through the other site and Facebook.

What we have come up is an adapter for the flywheel and drilling the flywheel to accept a 460/ZF clutch pressure plate. My plan for the Beast is to go all hydraulic and use the 470's late model starter.

I will use this thread to keep you guys posted on this collaboration.

Currently Tim has a prototype for the spacer and is toying with the idea of a billet flywheel for this swap. I'll try to check in today and get you guys an update.

Tags:
  2. BKW Founding Member

Has Gary Lewis aka The Oklahoma Kid signed up yet?

3. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

I haven't seen him on here yet. I have not invited him personally. I can't remember my FTE password for mobile and I haven't logged on at home in weeks. Gary blessed off on it.

Tim says he is starting with the adapter and drilled flywheels first. The billet one piece flywheels will be released at a later date.

4. BKW Founding Member

I just sent Gary an email with the FTZ info.

5. Bronco79 Canadian Chapter

I want to put a ZF 5 speed behind my 385 series, which is a little easier due to they were installed from the factory that way. Another place for good info on the swaps is on FSB.com, under the 78-9 broncos, as there a few on there that have done the ZF swap to their 335 series, with full hydraulics

6. Critter Vet Zone Founding Member

Bronco79: make sure you get a flywheel for the ZF. The pressure plates are a different bolt pattern.

7. Bronco79 Canadian Chapter

I will, I will make sure that it is off the same year or newer engine (engine came out of an 88 e-350)

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >