e’Letric winder retrofit.

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by Muel, Sep 28, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Muel Article Contributor Oregon Chapter

There are just two things I could add to my 75 Highboy that came on newer trucks.

Those two things are: Windshield wipers that lift off the glass & stay up and a Passenger side power window. I understand that I can retro fit the wiper arms to my truck...
    However, a power window that retains the hand crank for the passenger to play with and fill in that hole in the door panel: that is something I could go for, one that is high quality... any suggestions for a supplier of such a gadget? If it exists...

Thankz!
    M

Tags:
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I remember when the power window retrofits came out, the switch was the window winder. move up a little bit, it went up, down, it went down.
    Lock buttons were the same. no switch, just use the plunger, like stock. both were tied together.

Probably all those companies are long gone tho, might take some looking in the junk yards.

3. Muel Article Contributor Oregon Chapter

I have found exactly those switches...

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Very cool!
    Now we need to figure out where the electra glide kits are, they use your tracks, and bottom runners.......

5. Muel Article Contributor Oregon Chapter

6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I'm going to be honest, it's been a LONNNG time, but that looks like them
    I remember having to make some brackets, and I also replaced all the window felt and rubber while I was in there.

The window felt was a have too, the winders didn't like the worn felt, and kept getting hung up

Having the doors apart lends themself to the replacment anyway

7. Muel Article Contributor Oregon Chapter

I understand memory ...What was I doing?

Oh-ya... I have... somewhere... all new glass runs, seals, wing window seals, and door seals.
    And I have to choose my doors out of the 6 that I have, well 4 that I have because the originals
    are rusted out beyond what I want to do to save them.

8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

LOL, I know the feeling. I have a whole school bus full of gen 8 to restore the 5 I own
    One of these days I'll get around to it..... Maybe.....

9. Muel Article Contributor Oregon Chapter

Great . . .
    Now I need a Bus!

In my case a short one:bag:

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >