5 beeps

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by mgblunt, Oct 24, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mgblunt

I have a 2004 F150 that started beeping from the dash 5 beeps in a row five times I understand this could be a burned out air bag indicator bulb or the front air bag sensor is there a way to know which one it is without taking it to a dealer and without tearing the dash apart? The AB indicator light does not come on when the truck is started also someone here at work told me the plugs under the driver seat has something to do with that circuit is this a possibility?

Tags:
  2. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

does your truck have a passenger side air bag shut off switch? if it does, check the light in the switch. when that bulb burned out on the 2000, the 2002, and the 2004, i got the 5 beep deal on all three of them.

dustybumpers likes this.
  3. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i should mention all three of these trucks are superduties, but the 5 beep thing is the same on all fords. if the passenger side air bag shut off switch light goes out, you will get the 5 beeps and 5 flashes of the air bag light.

dustybumpers likes this.
  4. mgblunt

I assume you mean the light that is in the instrument cluster do you know if this can be replaced or do you have to buy the entire cluster?

5. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i am talking about the light in the switch on the dash .yes, that can be replaced, i thing i paid 35 cents for the bulb at radio shack.

if the air bag light in the cluster comes on at key on, it is good.
    i don't think the light in the cluster on the 04 can be changed, on my 04 superduty it is a LED not a light bulb like the 2000 and 2002 were.

6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Tom is talking about the light above where you put the key in to turn off the passenger side air bag
    It turns on when you turn the airbag off with the key
    It also cycles on startup when you first turn on the key, just like the cluster lights

1970something likes this.
  7. mgblunt

OK well the light in the cluster doesn't come on anymore I will check the one over the key slot. Thank you.

8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

There may be the cause for your code right there.

9. mgblunt

OK I checked the light at the passenger disable switch and it isn't on either when I switch it to disable, since both lights are out is there a possibility that something else is causing this problem?

10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

check fuses, see if there is a problem. Use a test light

If you were close, I could hook up a scanner, ang pull the code

11. dhorner

You have to set something in the seat, when it’s off I believe.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >