1. Parking light issues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Parking lights for sale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KT53

Does anyone have original parking lights or know how to install the aftermarket ones. I bought a set from Dennis Carpenter and they don't fit

Tags:
  2. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

[​IMG]#ad

they mount using the tailgate hinge bolts

3. KT53

Sorry. I was talking about the front

4. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

my bad, man read it wrong!

KT53 likes this.
  5. Walts53

Hello jniolon. I have a set on my truck that is similar to your picture. When applying my brakes, the right side brake light is faint compared to the left. I took it apart and l believe the contacts are good but it may be that the spring tension under the connector is weak. Do you have any ideas, thoughts on how to improve the connection?

6. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

you might stretch the spring a little, but don't overdo it... mainly CHECK YOUR GROUNDS... They are nearly always the problem

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Normally I'd say use an ohm meter, but that's a long run to test between the battery and the negative wire at the light to test.

So instead, check between the positive and negative wires at the light to check for a voltage drop.

That'll tell you if there's a ground issue. Either way, it never hurts to have more grounding than you need. :)

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >