Resurrection!

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Fabman, Jan 23, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

IMG_20170123_112009 (2).jpg #ad
    IMG_20170123_111958.jpg #ad
    JD Rollbed 1.jpg #ad
    After setting on this 56 F-600 for the last 15 years, just waiting for the right project. Just found it!

My tow company is growing and I've been looking for a roll back truck, but what's available around here is 15-25K. Way too much for me to want to spend. What to do? My brother in law found a nice Jerr-Dan roll back bed ONLY for $2,500. So I bought it! Now it will get mounted on my 56 F600, but will have a new 460 with a Clarke 5 speed for power. The bed will show up this week and we'll start the build. Target is to have it up and running by mid March. This spring! It will be repainted in bright yellow with a chrome grill and twin stacks. Stand by for the build! Hoping for a look kinda like this yellow truck....... 50d5c3dde76352cc68892faa070784fc.jpg #ad

Tags:
    Campspringsjohn likes this.
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That would be a nice looking setup. Take plenty of pics, if it's as "purdy" as that yellow truck it'll be a winner.

3. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

We're gonna try and make it Purdy Ken! Main thing is to get out there making me some $$$$$$$$$$$$..........lol

I always take lots of pictures too, and will post lot's of the build. We hope to have it ready by mid March so it's my top priority.

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Sounds great!
    Are you going to put a wheel lift on it too?

5. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It already has a wheel lift on it, and it will be delivered today! JD Rollbed 2.jpg #ad

6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

cool!
    With the right winch and snatch block, you will be clearing the roads like no one ever has on that side of the country!

7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Jerrdan too!
    All of our beds are Jerrdan, plus, their factory is less than 50 miles from here if you need parts!

8. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The bed is in really great shape. The winch is missing, but I have a 12,000lb Hyd winch setting on my parts shelf...

9. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Make sure it's a worm drive......

10. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It is!

11. kjvforme Vet Zone Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That's going to be one sweet truck Don.

12. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I sure hope so Rob! I want it to be a head turner.......

13. kjvforme Vet Zone Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You make it like that picture it will be.

14. kjvforme Vet Zone Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Surprised you didn't go with a turbo diesel.

15. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I went with what I have Rob. Low budget..................lol

I already have a mild build 460 just setting in the warehouse. Trying to get this running as quick as I can so it can start making me money...

Sheriff's Office is bugging me to get one down to Arlington to help take care of I-84...

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >