My Big Slick

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Michelle, Aug 1, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Michelle

On my Ranger thread I had a picture of my N series Ford hauling my 65 Ranger. Here is a little about the 67 NT950D hauling it. First off I have put this thread on the 61 to 66 truck forum, while the truck is a 67 it shares the same cab as the 61 to 66 models. The bigger trucks used the Slick cab until 1969. So I still consider it as 61 to 66 model.
    The truck is powered by a 220 inline six Cummins diesel. It has a RTO 9513 Fuller thirteen speed transmission.
    The truck originally has an Eaton tandem rear end. The truck rode so harsh that I removed the tandems and replaced them with a 05 International single axle air ride rear with a Rockwell rear end. By stretching the frame and adding the single axle air ride set up it greatly improved the ride. I enjoy taking the truck to car and truck shows and I sometimes use it to pull my fifth wheel travel trailer.

001.JPG #ad
    SS Altoona01.jpg #ad
    11_7_2007 - Copy.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Sweet! I bet it gets a lot of thumbs up from people hauling with it down the road!

3. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I kind of like mini me that's parked next to it in that second photo, but the slickside is nice too.

What part of Texas?

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

That was one of the first tractor trailers I ever drove!
    The one I learned in had a Detroit in it tho, and screamed so loud you couldn't hear for an hour after you shut it off!
    Great truck, Thanks for the memory and the big smile!

56panelford likes this.
  5. Michelle

I live in Smithville Texas

56panelford likes this.
  6. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

That's a very nice looking Ford!!! I saw the photo with it hauling your Ranger. Those make a great pair!

56panelford likes this.
  7. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Nice :)

56panelford likes this.
  8. junkyardjeff

I need to quit looking at them as it makes me want to get one,all the ones I seen here in Ohio are too rusty.

56panelford likes this.
  9. Bertha66 Vet Zone TOTM Winner Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That is a great looking truck!! Enjoy it!!

56panelford likes this.
  10. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

This is a nice looking rig you have.

56panelford likes this.
  11. Truck Runner

Very nice setup! I noticed the finishing touch, your matching shoes!

56panelford likes this.
  12. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I like your boots too..:) and of course the whole shebang..

13. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Turquoise is a lucky color

56panelford likes this.
  14. Michelle

You can also haul cows with it when you need to, this was at the auction bard a few years ago.

[​IMG]#ad

15. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The stock trailer may be efficient and even useful, but IMHO, the people trailer in the first picture is much more complimentary and functional!:nod:

56panelford likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso