'67 doors on a 68 through '72 cab

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Pushmower, Dec 10, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Pushmower

I have a '67 F 100. I am looking at a cab that is later. I know because it has the levers for the heat.
    I haven't spoken to the owner yet to know the actual year. It's on Facebook and I have not been in contact yet.
    If the doors will work and there are no other big obstacles. I will get it.
    As always, I appreciate all responses, and opinions.

Tags:
  2. Oldiesask

I have a 68 cab with a 67 door on it. The only difference is the latch and lock, and it is compatible.

3. RP67F100

If you have found a solid cab 68-72, and yours is not solid I would definitely do the swap if the price is right. Just knowing how much metal and body work that I did. There are differences but you can make it whatever year you want

4. Pushmower

Thanks for the info and heads up.
    I will definitely be swapping my cab for a solid one. I am trying to get an answer from a guy on Facebook about whether he will accept credit cards. While I have been waiting I took a look at his Facebook page. The cab I am interested in appears to be the same one in a picture he posted back in 2021! Of course I will never give my card number to anyone, or pay for something I am not looking at in person. Especially when it is 1800 dollars. It remains to be seen whether this is a legitimate deal or not.
    Do you think 1800 for an almost rust free cab is out of the question? It is a bare cab, but I have every thing to go in it.

5. RP67F100

Not sure on the price, but I prob spent 500. On patch panels , not counting time and materials to cut, weld and grind patches or finish body work. And being new to the chore it took me a lot of time
    So I prob would have spent the 1800. 00 depending on how far to go get it

6. Pushmower

I actually enjoy road trips to get cars and parts! It's the closest thing to an adventure that I get. If this cab in Pennsylvania falls through I am going to start the search for a cab in Arizona and Texas.
    I flew out to San Francisco at the start of Covid. I picked up a fox body Mustang and drove it back to Michigan. The highways were all but empty and I had a blast! Luckily it ran great the whole way.

7. RP67F100

Sounds like a plan. That’s what these projects are supposed to be about. Having fun doing what you enjoy
    I’m still looking for a set of body side mouldings if you run across a set in your travels let me know

8. Pushmower

I talked to a guy at desert valley auto parts today. I am going out to Arizona. Leaving Sunday and arrive on Wednesday.
    I am picking up a 67 cab, inner fenders, and radiator support from the same truck.
    I will keep an eye out for trim. In fact, I plan on taking some time in the yard and getting pictures of the 67 to 72 pickups. And whatever else catches my eye. I will actually have some room in the back of my truck for parts to install power steering on my truck. But that is not really in the budget at this point.

iicap likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >